Saturday, February 11, 2012

Orly Fowl Play

I have an amazing polish with some pretty crappy pictures today :P This polish came out this past fall with Orly's Birds of a Feather collection. I was lucky enough to get the Birds of a Feather gift set that Sally Beauty Supply was offering around Christmas time. The set also included Orly's Lucky Duck, Sweet Peacock, and a wristlet with a peacock feather. I really like all of the colors but this one really stands out in the group.

Orly Fowl Play
I didn't post a price for this one because I haven't seen it anywhere since the gift set. You can usually find Orly's at Sally's and Ulta for around $5-$7 depending on the store. If you can find it, buy it. It's a really cool color. Flakies have been really popular and I adore them, and this one is different from my others in that it's not a flakie just for layering (which you could do), it's a flakie you can wear by itself. From what I can tell it has orange flakies with a green shift and then some smaller blue particles along with some shimmer, all suspended in a purple jelly base.


Indoors with flash

Indoors without flash

Macro shot


 Isn't that color wonderful? There's so much going on with this polish. Application was a bit of a pain though, as you can see, my cuticles are far from perfect. The formula is also VERY thin so the flakies can shine through and I had to use 5 coats for the above pictures. Is it worth it? Yes. This is a very unique polish and I am very happy with it. I hope everyone else can get lucky and find it! I love how the flakies in this aren't as in your face as the layering flakies can be.



If you can find this polish, buy it, you won't be sorry. Though the formula isn't what I would like it to be, it's manageable and worth it for this color, sometimes that's all it takes ;)

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :) Feel free to speak your mind!