Saturday, February 18, 2012

Essie Navigate Her

Hi guys!
I'm really excited about this nail polish. I've been obsessing over this polish since I saw a promo pic for it, but couldn't find it in stock in my small town. My absolutely wonderful boyfriend sent it to me for Valentine's Day (after searching for it at 3 different stores) along with other gifts like a bear and cute little note pads :) He's the best.

Essie Navigate Her, $8 at various retailers
The bottle shot isn't very accurate, it comes off as a khaki color in the picture but it's actually more of a soft pistachio green in real life. You'll see in the pictures below. The formula was beautiful for this polish, I did three coats because I suffer from thin layer syndrome (is that real?) but if you apply it thicker then two coats is perfect. This is definitely a lot better than Mint Candy Apple was, much more creamy and not nearly as runny. This picture was taken 4 days after I applied it and there is literally no wear on my nails at all, not even a little tip wear.

Indoors with flash

This is not accurate either because of the flash, but I thought I would include it anyways since I always have at least two different types of lighting in my posts.



Indoors without flash
Now that's more like it. I was so hyped up about this color, and I was not disappointed. I absolutely LOVE it and I think it looks really good against my skin tone. One of the employees at Sally Beauty Supplies complimented me on it too and said it looked really nice on me. I don't own many warm greens, and so this was definitely a unique addition to my collection. I kept looking at this and it kept reminding me of OPI's Skull and Glossbones because of it's tone. Totally different colors but I guess the muted and softer tone is what brought the comparison to mind. I am loving soft shades at the moment. This color is definitely one of my favorites now. Thank you, Andrew!!!!!

On a non-polish related note, I thought I would give you all a quick college update. This semester has started out REALLY well. I had my first tests and quizzes this week and I got all A's on them plus I got the highest grade in the class on all of them. Look at me acting all smart!

And one last item, Amelia, I got all of your goodies and I will be packing them up and sending them to you soon!

Happy reading everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :) Feel free to speak your mind!