Sunday, February 26, 2012

China Glaze's Stone Cold and My First Video :)

Hey guys!

So I have two pretty fun things to show you today. First is one of the polishes from the Hunger Games collection from China Glaze which I absolutely adore. The books are really good and I could honestly recommend them to anyone and I think they have so many aspects to them that everyone can find something to enjoy.

I decided to wear Stone Cold first because I was really intrigued with it being a matte polish. China Glaze hasn't done a lot of mattes, and this was a surprising one in the collection because none of the other polishes have the same finish.

China Glaze Stone Cold, various retailers $5-$7
This is a dark almost gunmetal gray with lots and lots of silver shimmer to it. The matte look gives it a really nice finish and makes your nails look like stones. The formula was pretty good, I used two coats for the picture below with no top coat so I could see the matte effect.

Indoors with flash

Indoors without flash
See that asphalt look? It's really fascinating. These pictures were taken two days after I applied the polish so there's a little bit of tip wear because I didn't use the top coat, plus the matte started to wear off a little, which is why my nails look slightly shiny. If you want this polish to last longer, I would recommend putting on your normal go to top coat and then put a matte top coat after that. I also noticed that the gray color would start to wear off, leaving just the silver. You can kind of see what I'm talking about around the cuticle of my middle finger in the second photo.

Overall I really like this color, it's unique and the formula was decent.

So I was given some encouragement to go ahead and start making some videos to go along with my blog, so here is my first official one about the polishes I got last week. Let me know what you think, good and bad!

Happy reading and watching!


2 comments:

  1. Thank you! I'm glad I'm not the only one who seems to need the whole collection because I read the trilogy. My book club group thought I was crazy too because of that. Hope one of the two Sally's around me has the collection tomorrow! I know, I can wait a few days, but I really don't want to! For a person who's hobbies is books, flix, and polish, how do I not go all out?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the hunger games! i'm slowly reading through the 3rd book to get me to the 23rd! lol. I had a horrible experience ordering this collection... I preordered from a website.. they apparently didn't order enough and i'm still without my lovelies :( so i cancelled and ordered them elsewhere.. places around here dont really have them out yet... but this is one of the ones i'm anxious to try the most!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments :) Feel free to speak your mind!